Summer is a great time to get out of the house and start enjoying the sunshine and all of the joys of warmer weather. Most summers are packed with cookouts, concerts, and even day trips to parks like King’s Island and Cedar Point. But put aside the amusement parks and the hot dogs, because summer is a when you can splash it up closer to home.
Growing up, I always wanted a pool in the back yard, but when we finally got one, it lost all sorts of nostalgia. Now, living in the big city of Indianapolis, I rarely have the chance to find a swimming pool. I got lucky enough to find an apartment complex with two swimming pools for their residents’ enjoyment. But these two pools don’t come without some rules. Below, you will find a somewhat detailed list of pool policies. All of these were put into place to keeping you and yours safe this summer season.
(Note that these policies were actually drafted for Sunblest Apartment Homes by the Indiana State Board of Health.)
- The pools are for Sunblest Apartments’ resident’s enjoyment.
- Residents are allowed two (2) guests per apartment.
- Residents must accompany their guest(s) at all times.
- Absolutely no glass is permitted in the pool area.
- Persons under the age of fourteen (14) are not permitted at the pool without adult supervision. (An adult is someone over the age of eighteen (18) with proper identification.)
- No running or horseplay is permitted in the pool area.
- Pool furniture is not to be inside the pool at any time.
- Do not play with the safety equipment.
- We will not permit other adults to take responsibility for your child unless Sunblest Apartment Homes has received written proof through the office doors.
- Wet swimsuits are not allowed in the Sunclub or the office area.
- Do not enter the pool through the office doors.
- Do not park in front of the main office building. These spaces need to be available for office use only. There is additional parking in front of the tennis courts.
Note that the pools are monitored and checked on a regular basis. If you are not a resident or a guest, you will be asked to leave. It is at the sole discretion of the management or the person on duty to revoke your pool privileges for the summer.
The main clubhouse pool, near the main entrance, opens every morning at 10:00 AM. This pool also stays open until 10:00 PM every night. So if you want that early morning swim, the pool will be open for you. If you like to get home from work, relax a little, and then take a nice swim before bed, that is an option as well. The north clubhouse pool, which is near the rear entrance to Sunblest Apartment Homes, is open the same hours as the main clubhouse pool. So if you have a need to get wet during these hours, by all means, take a dip!
The staff at Sunblest Apartment Homes thanks you for our cooperation. I have been swimming many times during my residency at Sunblest, and I must say these rules do help keep things in order. Nothing beats a hot summer day and a quick dip in the pool. Also gives you an excuse to work on your tan!