A couple of years ago, I decided it was time to buy a new car. So I went out, test drove a bunch of models, and ended up at the Mercedes dealership. Before I knew it I had signed paperwork on a brand new 2009 Smart ForTwo. The car has proven to be a great investment, not only saving me money on gas (this car gets incredible gas mileage) but is also a hoot to drive around the city. I am never too far from a conversation about driving a car this small.
This holiday season the folks over at Smart were trying to sell all their last few 2009 and 2010 models to make room for a new line of 2011 cars. The 2011 model is half electric and half gas getting even better mileage out of a single gallon of fuel. If you are looking to buy a new car, don’t take my word for it. Here are ten reasons to buy a Smart.
1. Smart is engineered by Mercedes-Benz. Mercedes is a leader when it comes to safety, quality construction, technologically advanced automobiles and more. .
2. Smart is the most fuel efficient, non-hybrid automobile in the United States.
3. Smart has an EPA-estimated 41 MPG highway driving and 38+ MPG urban driving.
4. Smart is certified as an ultra low emission vehicle (ULEV) by the California Air Resources Board.
5. Smart is recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for its low greenhouse gas and air pollutant scores.
6. Smart receives the highest possible ratings from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IHS) in its class since its debut in 2008. (They were first introduced to the United States market in 2008.)
7. Smart meets and exceeds stringent federal safety standards set forth by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
8. Smart is the most affordable car to insure; just ask your insurance agent. I pay less than $60 a month for full coverage on my vehicle.
9. Smart hits the Top 10 Coolest Car list by Kelley Blue Book (KBB) .
10. Smart is fun to drive, economical, safer than you can imagine and parks anywhere, anytime.
If that is not enough to get you to at least test drive a Smart, then I don’t know what is. I honestly can say I love driving my Smart and I don’t regret buying it for a second.
Do you have any questions about a Smart? Let me know, I love mine!