Dubstep DJ and producer 12th Planet, currently blasting through the sold-out 50-date The Mothership Tour (with Skrillex, Nadastrom, Two Fresh, J-Rabbit, Dillion Francis and more), still finds time to release his highly anticipated EP, “Who Are We?” The 3-track EP brings listeners the crushing bass and resonating energy that is synonymous with 12th Planet’s style and includes a re-release of his and Juakali’s chart-topping anthem Reasons (Doctor P Remix). The EP is being released though his own record label SMOG and is available for purchase now through iTunes, Beatport and other digital retail stores worldwide.
12th Planet, born John Dadzie, is no stranger to the game. He spent seven years touring the world as drum-n-bass maestro Infiltrata. In 2005, inspired by the burgeoning dubstep sound developing in the UK, John decided to push his own interpretation. His dedication and determination to this new sound saw him quickly rise to become North America’s reigning dubstep king. With remixes out for MIA and John Legend and forthcoming collaborations with Korn and Dizzee Rascal, the future is bright for this rising star.
The “Who Are We?” EP kicks off with title track Who Are We? featuring vocals by UK grime MC Badness and female vocals from Honey. The second track Corner Pocket is an original production by 12th Planet himself and showcases his signature style dubstep. The third track is the re-release of 12th Planet & Juakali’s massive single Reasons (Doctor P Remix) that gained well deserved attention when its video premiered on MTV2.
On November 25th, SMOG celebrates 5 years of hard work and success with an anniversary event taking place at the Galaxy Theatre in Santa Ana, CA. Alongside a super-star line-up of international talent and SMOG residents, party-goers will also get the chance to view a special screening of the 12th Planet documentary. With tons of free giveaways and BBQ grub being provided by SMOG’s favorite chef Jungle Riddim, this event is not to be missed. The newly renovated Galaxy Theater will host 3 rooms of pounding bass with state-of-the-art lighting and Funktion One sound. Presale tickets are available online for $15 though Flavorus.
“Who Are We?” is out now on SMOG and is available through iTunes, Beatport and other digital retail stores worldwide.
“Who Are We” EP – (SMOG) Tracklisting
- 12th Planet & Badness Who Are We? – (feat. Honey)
- 12th Planet – Corner Pocket
- 12th Planet & Juakali – Reasons (Doctor P Remix)
12th Planet: The Mothership Tour
- October 26 Eugene, OR – McDonald Theatre
- October 27 Portland, OR – Roseland Theatre
- October 28 San Francisco, CA – Warfield
- *October 29 Los Angeles, CA – HARD Haunted Mansion – Shrine Expo Center
- October 30 Phoenix, AZ – Marquee Theater
- October 31 Broomfield, CO – First Bank Center
- November 02 Lawrence, KS – Liberty Hall
- November 03 St Louis, MO – The Pageant
- November 04 Memphis, TN – Minglewood Music Hall
- November 05 Knoxville, TN – The Valarium
- November 06 Asheville, NC – The Orange Peel
- November 08 Bloomington, IN – Bluebird Nightclub
- November 09 Columbus, OH – LC Pavillion
- November 10 Indianapolis, IN – Egyptian Room
- November 11 Chicago, IL – Congress Theater
- *November 12 Milwaukee, WI – Turner Hall Ballroom
- November 23 San Diego, CA – Voyeur
- December 09 Denver, CO – Beta
- December 10 Athens, GA – Georgia Theater
- December 11 Jacksonville, FL – Freebird Live
- December 12 Tallahassee, FL – The Moon
- December 15 Orlando, FL – House of Blues Orlando
- December 16 Tampa, FL – The Ritz Theatre
- December 17 Miami, FL – The Fillmore
(*Indicates dates outside of The Mothership Tour)