On November 21 London born, LA-based producer/remixer/DJ/label owner Jesse Rose presents his brand new two-disc compilation, “Made 4 The Night”. The set features both a DJ Mix and a showcase of Jesse’s own original productions, remixes and edits.
The “Made 4 The Night” concept grew out of Jesse’s overall view of club culture and feeling limited by the expectation to program DJ sets around the music and styles of his own labels (Front Room Recordings, Made To Play and Play It Down). As Jesse is never one to be pigeonholed into any one style, he embarked on a journey to program club nights across the dance music spectrum. As such, rather than DJ events around his labels, Jesse began curating “Made For The Night” residencies across Europe and in fresh spaces In Berlin; Watergate, with two floors and a more open minded programming approach, was the ideal base. For Paris it had to be Social Club. London gets a new venue each time starting with a party at Eastern Electrics and from here nights are being confirmed from LA to Tokyo.
In the spirit of his “Made 4 The Night” events, the aim for this compilation is to do things a bit differently. disc 1, entitled “Mixing For The Night”, is Jesse’s perspective as a DJ; and disc 2 “Produced For The Night” showcases Jesse as a producer – all the records he’s made, the records he’s remixed, and the records he’s edited. The DJ mix features a wide selection of what you might find Jesse playing at a “Made 4 The Night” event and includes tracks and remixes from Azari & lll, Jodeci, David Squillace, Osunlade, Damian Marley, Tim Wright, Luciano, Style Of Eye and Cutty Ranks, among others. The production CD features remixes of some of the biggest names in dance music and a few unreleased gems you can’t find anywhere else. Highlights here include Jesse’s remixes of Armand van Helden’s Playmate, Hot Chip’s Ready For The Floor, Claude Von Stroke’s The Whistler and an unreleased version of Hot Chip – Build A House (Jesse Rose Remix). Note that the original version of this track was produced by Jesse Rose and appeared on the Hot Chip album “One Life Stand”. Jesse is the first and only outside artist to produce a Hot Chip Track other than the band itself.
“When you get a “Made for the Night” compilation, you get a full representation of what I play when I’m out DJing at a club. In each CD I’ll be talking about the artists; why I chose them, what they have given to the night because there’s a story to be told,” Jesse says.
Although Jesse grew up in England, he’s recently relocated to LA where he’s been producing with the likes of platinum selling EMI artist Chiddy Bang and working alongside his long time friend and one of the world’s hottest producers, Switch. Jesse’s also been the man about town in LA, moving from Jimmy Iovine’s Christmas Party to nights out at the Playboy Mansion. When not out networking he’s entrenched firmly in the studio where he’s busy working on new original productions and remixes; most notably a new remix for Metronomy due out soon through Atlantic Records.
“Made 4 The Night” will be released November 21 on Made To Play records.
Mixed for the Night (CD1)
- 1. Henrik Schwarz – Stop, Look & Listen – Henrik’s Classical Version (Unreleased Exclusive)
- &Me – Empire State
- Joel Alter – I Feel You
- Loco Dice – Don’t Make Signal
- Maya Jane Coles – Little One
- Oliver $ – Granulated Soul
- Axel Boman & Kornel Kovacs– Paris 2006
- Rafael Kakudo – Work
- Tony Lionni – Precious feat. Marvin Belton (Deetron Remix)
- Joe Goddard – Jump (Jesse Rose Edit)
- Zombie Disco Squad – Pinky (Monkey Safari Remix)
- Osborne & Anderson – Noho
- Prince Club – Body Holly
- Filtertypen – After Laughter
- Isloee – Brazil.com (Non-Radio Edit)
Produced for the Night (CD2)
- Jesse Rose feat. Hot Chip – Forget My name (Accapella) & Induceve – Papillon
- Riva Starr feat. Trim – Dance Me (Jesse Rose ‘Made in St. Lucia’ Remix)
- Hardrive – Deep Inside (Jesse Rose Play Late Mix)
- Jesse Rose – A-Sided
- Mark Knight & Martijn Ten Velden – A New Reality (Jesse Rose Remix)
- Jesse Rose – Everyday This
- Claude VonStroke – The Whistler (Jesse Rose Remix)
- Telepopmusik – Ghost Girl (Jesse Rose Remix)
- Black Rose – Anthem
- Layo & Bushwacka feat. Green Velvet – Life2Life (Jesse Rose Remix)
- Teed – Garden (Jesse Rose Remix)
- Jesse Rose – Non-Stop Dub
- Underworld – Holding the Moth (Jesse Rose Remix)
- Jesse Rose – You’re all over My Head
- Hot Chip – Ready for the Floor (Jesse Rose Remix)
- Recloose feat. Joe Dukie – Dust (Induceve Remix)
- Jesse Rose – Well Now
- Content – No Refunds (Chi-Town Mix)
- Hot Chip – Build a House (Jesse Rose Remix