Paper Diamond is known for making many different kinds of music. Since the project’s inception in January of 2011, Paper Diamond has found himself on a globetrotting, music making escapade, with non-stop shows, festival plays, and around the clock studio sessions.
“Can We Go Up offers a choppy dance anthem, complete with Hoover synths and electonic strings, but rearranged for a hyper dance floor.” – Interview Magazine
With one EP and a handful of notable remixes under his belt, Paper Diamond has been secretly amassing over 100 original songs/beats/instrumentals and is currently working with acclaimed artists, singers, rappers, and MCs all over the country. The time has now come for an unveiling. Paper Diamond’s new EP “Wavesight” will be released on Thursday May 3, 2012 on Diplo’s Mad Decent / Jeffrees imprint. The EP features three heavy hitting original tracks that further demonstrate Paper Diamond’s musical versatility.
“With his one of a kind iPad interface, Alex is able to spanthe lengths of his career to mix, perform, and share every song in his arsenal based on what the crowd is looking to hear and what they vibe to… The connection that the crowd had with the him was something that isn’t felt by many others.” – Sound Fuse Magazine
“Wavesight” also features a collaboration with Nasimiyu, a singer songwriter based out of New Orleans, on the track Turn The Lights Off. Her original music is a mix of rootsy folk, funk, and forward-looking contemporary soul, influenced by her own travels and experiences as well as the musical heritage of New Orleans. “Wavesight” is merely a taste of what Paper Diamond has in store. You can expect a slew of new music releases, collaborations, videos, and tour dates in the near future.
- Turn The Lights Off (featuring Nasimiyu)
- Can We Go Up?
Paper Diamond is also continuing his progression across the great expanse of America, taking his beats through spring and into summer. What’s especially been turning heads is his use of an iPad during his performances.
Paper Diamond will be stopping by Seattle, Portland, Denver, Las Vegas, Baltimore, and many others in between. He will also be making appearances at several major festivals, including Wakarusa Music Festival, Starscape Festival, Electric Forest, and Lollapalooza. Paper Diamond with his label Elm & Oak is also curating the Levitate Festival in Denver.
Spring & Summer Tour Dates
Paper Diamond is on the road this spring and summer. Paper Diamond is scheduled to appear:
- 4/12 – Eugene, OR at Mcdonald Theatre
- 4/13 – Seattle, WA at Neumos
- 4/14 – Portland, OR at BRANX
- 4/17 – Missoula, MT at The Top Hat
- 4/18 – Bozeman, MT at The Zebra
- 4/20 – Denver, CO at 1st Bank Center (Levitate Festival)
- 4/21 – Fayetteville, AR at Arkansas Music Pavillion
- 4/30 – Athens, GA at Georgia Theatre
- 5/15 – Las Vegas, NV at Ghost Bar
- 5/17 – 5/22 Pyramid Lake, NV at Symbiosis Gathering
- 5/17 – 5/19 Gulf Shores, AL at The Hangout Festival
- 5/31 – 6/3 – Ozark, AR at Wakarusa Music Festival
- 6/9 – Baltimore, MD at Starscape Festival
- 6/28 – 7/1 – Rothbury, MI at Electric Forest
- 7/20 – Minneapolis, MN at Global Dance Festival
- 7/27 – 7/29 – White River, OR at What The Festival?!
- 8/3 – 8/5 – Chicago, IL at Lollapalooza
- 8/9 – 8/11 – Beech Mountain, NC
“Paper Diamond, Botwin is helping to shape a sound and culture in Colorado and beyond to a genre that continues to flourish in many of its flavors-electronic music.” – Glide