Summer is near… well, at least I thought it was. We had temperatures in the nineties for a few days, now it’s cold again. It won’t last, but we are on a roller coaster with the weather this spring. This weekend I will actually be getting out on the golf course. I have played twice this year, but both times were in Florida. This weekend I will be hitting the links with Mark Dubec.
Speaking of playing golf, the Golf Club of Indiana is giving you a reason to play this season. They did this last year, and according to my friend Jason McDaniel it’s a pretty sweet gig. Basically you get rewarded with stuff just for playing golf. As if I needed another incentive to play. They are working directly with Nike for this promotion.
Note that this promotion is limited to the first 500 participants, so you better hurry!)
What’s It Cost?
The program isn’t free. Nothing in this life is free. (Remember the saying, “There is no such thing as a free lunch”?) You start off by paying the $25 entry fee. This is paid at the time of enrollment, so make sure you have that dough ready when you are ready to sign up.
$25 isn’t a lot… but wait, it gets better. Once you sign up they will hand you a $20 gift card for Outback Steakhouse. So really, this program only costs $5! I don’t know about you, but I LOVE steak; nothing beats an Outback Special. Medium rare please! Oh, and a Blooming Onion if we could. (This gift card must be used at the Outback Steakhouse located on 86th Street and Michigan Road.) Once you have signed up, you also receive a $25 Golf Club of Indiana gift certificate upon completion of the six qualifying rounds. You must play all six rounds to receive the gift certificate, but the whole point of this promotion is to get you on the golf course. Come on, you have all summer to play!
Here’s the kicker… you must play a round of golf (18 holes) at full price in each of the given time periods to qualify for this program. Basically you pay full price, play six rounds (that you are going to play anyway at full price) and get a ton of cool stuff. Just for signing up, you have already, in theory, made $20!
- Round #1 – 4/9 – 5/31: Nike Club Duffle or Recovery Slide ($44.00 Value)
- Round #2 – 6/1 – 6/30: Nike Classic Feel Glove ($15.00 Value)
- Round #3 – 7/1 – 7/31: (3) Nike 20 XI Golf Balls ($13.00 Value)
- Round #4 – 8/1 – 8/31: Nike Classic Feel Glove ($15.00 Value)
- Round #5 – 9/1 – 9/30: Nike Valuables Pouch w/GCI Logo ($15.00 Value)
- Round #6 – 9/15 – 10/16: Pair of Nike Heritage Golf Shoes ($75.00 Value)
That’s a lot of free stuff. (Yes, I consider it free… you were going to pay to play anyway, whether it was here or somewhere else.) If you complete all six rounds, the total value is $177! That means you are getting around $30 of free merchandise per round.
The Fine Print
Of course there is fine print. Every promotion like this has it. Below is the fine print according to the Golf Club of Indiana.
- You may not use any other offers or promotions in conjunction with this promotion.
- Only 18-hole rounds are eligible in this promotion.
- This promotion is available on the following greens fee rounds – sorry NO exceptions.
- Rates do not include cart fee – Carts are NOT mandatory.
- Weekdays – $42.00 rate and $39.00 twilight rate.
- Weekends – $48.00 rate, $44.00 rate and $39.00 twilight rate.
- This promotion is valid only on individual rounds played – no outings or league rounds.
If you are planning on playing at least six rounds of golf this year in or around the Circle City, I would highly recommend you check this program out. Many props to Jason for showing this to me… I had no idea that the GCI was working with Nike this closely… and Outback! I just want the free steak!