In support of Norman Doray’s debut mixed compilation, “Strictly Ibiza To Amsterdam” (out now on Strictly Rhythm), Dolphin Music is giving away a brand new Novation Twitch DJ Controller ($639 value) – 1 lucky winner will be selected at random to win this fantastic prize by simply “liking” the Strictly Rhythm Facebook page and signing up to Strictly Rhythm newsletter. 5 runners up will also be selected to WIN a copy of Norman Doray “Strictly Ibiza To Amsterdam”. A winner will be selected from the Strictly Rhythm newsletter subscribers list on the 7th November and announced in the November newsletter. Click here for more info.
“Strictly Ibiza to Amsterdam” is comprised of two discs – “Day” and “Night” which reflect the different sides of Norman Doray. “Day” is a tribute to Norman’s funk and disco roots and works in his brand new single Kalifornia produced specially for this compilation with classics such as Phunkie Souls – Tha Music, one of his all time personal favorites.
“Night” showcases the clubbier, progressive and tribal sound that he’s currently playing at clubs around the globe. The rhythm is higher, the tracks are stronger and it corresponds totally to what you’d expect from a night out with Norman Doray. Here Norman mixes together big room gear such as Dirty South and Thomas Gold featuring Kate Elsworth Alive, Deniz Koyu Tung!, Sebjak and Richard Grey Pump Up The Volume and the David Tort remix of Kalifornia.
Kalifornia combines a classic 80s disco feel with the sound of today’s true underground house scene to perfect effect. Drenched in feel-good disco vibes that come courtesy of some archetypal Studio54 strings, Kalifornia shines with a glittering and vintage aesthetic while still injecting the drive. On the flip, David Tort adds more space and tones down the disco flamboyance in favor of pumping yet still very funky electronic beats. The result is insane, it works so well in club and is supported by Swedish House Mafia, Dirty South, Tiësto, David Guetta and more.
“Day” & Night” Tracklisting
Below are all of the tracks that you will find on the “Day” disc.
- Todd Terry All Stars feat. Kenny Dope, DJ Sneak, Terry Hunter & Tara McDonald – Get Down (Kenny Dope Original)
- Daniel Bovie & Roy Rox feat. Nelson – Love Me (ATFC’s Soultek Vocal)
- Huggy & Dean Newton – Soul Roots (Antranig Remix)
- Tristan Garner – Jazz Me Up (Original Gangster Dub)
- Sandy Rivera & Yasmeen – Love (Daddy’s Groove)
- Norman Doray – Kalifornia (Original)
- Phunkie Souls – Tha Music (Floats Your Cares Away)
- Jose Nunez – Dance Again (Jose’s Subliminal Mix)
- Jose Nunez & Antranig – Are You Ready (Original Mix)
- Sharam Jey pres. Soundz Fresh – Let’s Get It On (Sebastien Drums & Rob Adens)
- Lil’ Mo’ Yin Yang – Reach (Yin Yang Dub)
- Jose Nunez feat. Tania – Bilingual (Jose Nunez 2010 Subliminal Mix)
- Norman Doray & Tristan Garner feat. Errol Reid / Ultra Naté – Last Forever / Free (Norman’s Ibiza to Amsterdam Edit)
Below are all of the tracks that you will find on the “Night” disc.
- Ministers De-La-Funk feat. Jocelyn Brown – Believe (Ministers De-La-Funk vs Antoine Clamaran & Sandy Vee)
- DLG vs Erick Morillo – Where Are You Now (Demo Mix)
- Deniz Koyu – Tung! (Original Mix)
- Eddie Thoneick & Erick Morillo feat. Shena – Nothing Better (Muzzaik Remix)
- Fish Go Deep & Tracey K – The Cure & The Cause (The Cube Guys Vocal Mix)
- Antranig – Shake That Ass (Original)
- Markus Binapfl & Erick Morillo feat. Fiora Cutler – Alive (Denis the Menace Club Mix)
- John Dahlbäck feat. Terri B – Flirt (Original Extended Mix)
- Erick Morillo & Eddie Thoneick feat. Shawnee Taylor – Stronger (Stronger Club Mix)
- Leventina – Nightshift (Nikola & Groovenatics Remix)
- Sebjak & Richard Grey – Pump Up The Volume (Original mix)
- Dirty South & Thomas Gold feat. Kate Elsworth – Alive (Original Mix)
- Norman Doray – Kalifornia (David Tort Remix)
- Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano – Tribeca / David Penn & Rober Gaez – What Is House? (Norman’s Ibiza to Amsterdam Edit)
Norman Doray Ibiza To Amsterdam – Album Preview
Below is a detailed preview of “Strictly Ibiza To Amsterdam”. This is some of his best work, and is something I am truly having a hard time shutting off. I hope you enjoy “Strictly Ibiza To Amsterdam” as much as I do. Let’s dance people!